I feel like I need to call this a "recipe" as opposed to a recipe. Maybe because it only has 3 ingredients. And you could make all of those ingredients by hand, but I just purchase them.
Nevertheless, these lemony cookies are tasty, simple, and crowd-pleasing. I brought them to our family dinner last night and they were gobbled right up. No one cared that there were only 3 ingredients. Or than it only took me 15 minutes to throw them together. Nope, they just asked for more.
Lemon Icebox Sandwich Cookies
- 72 wafer cookies (There are about 36 in each box of Anna's, so you'll need 2. I like the lemon flavor.)
- 1 8 oz container of whipped topping, thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 22 oz can lemon pie filling
- Line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 of the whipped topping and 1/2 of the lemon pie filling. Stir until incorporated.
- Add the remaining lemon pie filling and stir to combine. Then add the remaining whipped topping and gently fold in, until combined. (If you mix too vigorously, the whipped topping will "deflate".)
- Place a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of a wafer cookie.
- Top with an additional cookie, and gently squeeze to distribute the filling.
- Place on the sheet pans in a single layer. Repeat.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer right before serving. Only let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, otherwise they will get soggy.
Simple, right? A great treat for a hot summer day. And it doesn't hurt that each one is only about 80 calories!
I'm sure you could use other wafer cookies, but I love how thin Anna's are...and the fact that they are shaped like flowers. (So darn cute!)
Oh, and if you have extra filling, you can freeze it and eat it like ice cream/custard! Just place plastic wrap directly on top of the mixture so it does not get freezer burn. And let it sit out at room temp for about 15 minutes to soften up. It's yummy!
Hi! My name is Lizz and I am from Omaha, Nebraska. I love cooking, running, traveling, and learning new things. I have an amazing wife, 2 adorable dogs, and an incredibly close-knit family. I am striving to make conscious choices in my life that reflect who I am and help me live life to the fullest.
- 30 Day Challenge (9)
- 60 Day Challenge (7)
- 7 Day Vegan (8)
- Bars (3)
- Bike Riding (4)
- Books (1)
- Celebrations (44)
- Crafts (13)
- Daily Fortune (8)
- Decorating (4)
- DIY (8)
- Fashion (6)
- Favorites (3)
- Goals (11)
- Healthy Living Summit 2010 (6)
- Home (8)
- Lincoln (16)
- Local (28)
- Marathon Training (7)
- Omaha (60)
- Pups (7)
- Racing (32)
- Recipe (92)
- Restaurants (40)
- Running (80)
- Running Week (7)
- Stella (5)
- Strength Training (5)
- Uncategorized (379)
- Vacation (46)
- Video (6)
- Wedding (57)
- Yoga (10)