Hello, there! I'm gonna have to ask you for a pass on this week's Wedding Wednesday post. I got home late last night from a "girls night" with my mom and sisters, so I never got around to posting. I'll try to think of something good for next week.
In other news, today is July 14th. Which means tomorrow is someone's (Kate's) birthday!
- Keep to my physical therapy plan. - Done! - I have finished physical therapy and have been cleared to run.
- Set a Half Marathon PR. - Done! - With a time of 1:54:18, I set a new PR at the Lincoln half marathon!
- Incorporate strength training. - In Progress - I have been doing a mix of yoga and upper body strength training. I need to keep this up through marathon training!
- Continue regular check-ups. - In Progress - I have been to my yearly eye doctor appointment and my 1st of 2 dental cleanings. I have my 2nd dental cleaning scheduled, but I still need to schedule my annual physical exam.
- Floss 3+ times per week. - In Progress - I really want to call this one done, but I suppose I still need to keep it up for the rest of the year! However, it has become a habit of mine, and I got a "Keep up the good work!" from my dentist at my exam.
- Find something that works for me at my job. - Done! and In Progress - I get 2 statuses here, because I am taking 2 approaches. I landed myself a part-time job as a blogger for Midtown Crossing, which makes me really happy. However, I'm still working on finding the right fit for me at my full-time job. We are in a bit of a crunch right now, so little movement is possible, but I definitely see opportunities in the future. I will continue to keep an open mind and have open discussions with my manager.
- Increase blog readership by 15%. - In Progress - I have taken some measures to grow readership, and I have definitely seen results. I just need to keep it up through the rest of the year!
- Set a general house budget. - Not Started - Sigh. This one is hard. But I still think it needs to be done.
- Plan our wedding. - In Progress - We have set a date + booked a venue, and I bought a dress! Of course, there is still much to be done.
- Have 2 date nights per month. - In Progress - We started off strong, but then we both got really busy. Sometimes our date nights have just been watching a movie at home together, but I'd like to find ways to make them more special. Maybe cook dinner together or play a game, etc.
- Have people over at least 4 times. - In Progress - We have already had people over 3 times this year: birthday brunch, Mother's Day dinner, and breakfast club. It's really not as difficult as I thought it would be.
- Keep in touch with out-of-town friends. - In Progress - I am so glad I set this goal! I have definitely been reaching out to my out-of-town friends and family much more.
- Volunteer. - In Progress - I have been volunteering once a month at Completely Kids with a group of coworkers. We fill backpacks with food for children that may not have enough at home over the weekends. I still need to volunteer at a race, and I would like to find another organization to commit some time to.
- Read 10 books. - In Progress - I started off at a good pace, but I'm definitely behind now! I have only completed 2 books (The Sweet Hereafter and Wuthering Heights.) I never finished In Defense of Food, and I just started To Kill a Mockingbird. I better pick it up or I'll never finish 10 books this year!
To recap, here is what I need to focus on for the rest of the year.
- Set up doctor's appointment.
- Have at least 1 more gathering at our house.
- Set a house budget!
- Plan 2 date nights each month.
- Volunteer at a race.
- Finish reading 8 more books.
Keep Up With:
- Strength training
- Finding a good fit in the workplace
- Blog readership
- Wedding planning
- Staying in touch with out-of-town friends & family
My list might look just as long as it did at the beginning of the year, but I am feeling quite accomplished!
How are your New Year's Resolutions / Goals for 2011 going?