On days when both Kate and I work, I stop home over my lunch break to let the dogs out and eat. Although I live close, I only have a 45 minute break so I've got to be quick. One huge time-saver has been to purchase pre-hard-boiled eggs. They've made this fast and easy egg salad one of my favorite lunches during the 60 Day Challenge. I should make it sometime when Kate is around because I think she'd love it, too!
Egg Salad with Avocado
Yield: Enough for 1 hefty salad or 2 sandwiches
Time: 5 minutes (if starting with hard-boiled eggs)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or more, to taste)
- 5 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1-2 green onions, green parts only, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Roughly chop the eggs and avocado. Place them in a medium bowl.
- Add the mustard and stir/smash to combine. Keep mixing until you get your desired egg salad consistency.
- Fold in the tomatoes and onions. (Feel free to use the white part of the onions, too. I just don't like "crunch" in my egg salad.)
- Season with salt and several grinds of fresh pepper, to taste.
I like to eat this on top of a big bowl of butter lettuce, but I'm sure it'd be equally as delicious on thick slices of sourdough bread, a toasted English muffin, or crackers.