While in Santa Fe, we stumbled upon a really delicious beer: Santa Fe Nut Brown.
We saw it on tap everywhere, so we gave it a try and loved it. Then Kate got the idea to look up the brewery (Santa Fe Brewing Co), and we were able to join a tour on Saturday!
My favorite part of brewery tours is always the bottling line.
Well, that and the tastings.
Kate also found a chocolate shop that specializes in drinking chocolates: Kakawa Chocolate House.
Kate ordered a bitter, spicy, non-sweet variety (I believe she asked for the "gnarliest" one) and I got one that was sweet and floral. (I liked Kate's better.)
Back at the resort, we got a couple of fancy cocktails.
Mine was a spin on a French 75. Instead of gin, Champagne, lemon juice, and sugar, it was a mix of tequila, sparkling wine, and blood orange juice.
Kate got a "skinny margarita" which used lime juice instead of sweetened margarita mix.
This is Kate's "What am I doing ordering tequila?!" face.
- I just finished a couple of really good books. Like couldn't-put-it-down, read-for-hours-straight-to-finish-it good. Which got (continue reading)»
- After several weeks of bath-taking due to my broken wrist, I noticed a lovely little ring forming around our tub. I decided to (continue reading)»
- How was your Mother's Day? Mine was pretty perfect - with beautiful weather, great company, and delicious food. After a bit of (continue reading)»
- Ever since my friend Kelly posted a link to this homemade lavender toner, I knew I had to give it a try. I began using witch (continue reading)»
- As the date of the Lincoln Marathon got closer and closer, I got more and more sad that I wouldn't be running in it. But just (continue reading)»