Woohoo, we had an actual date night!!
I even dressed up and carried my new $7 clutch from Goodwill. (When I switch purses, you know I mean business! )
To save a bit of money and time, we ate dinner at home. (Sauteed zucchini with tomato sauce over couscous, if you're curious.) And then we sipped spicy Moscow Mules at the show. These are probably my favorite summertime drink...the spicier the ginger beer, the better!
Brandi was amazing, as usual. She has this folk-y, old-school country twang, even though she's from Seattle. You might recognize her song The Story, as it's been featured on TV and played on the radio. (I even hear this one at the grocery store sometimes.)
One of the highlights from last night was when she rocked out Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. Ahhhh, so good!
Awesome date night! (High-five!)
- What are you up to this weekend? Here's what I'm planning... Build a Succulent Terrarium - I've been wanting to do this for (continue reading)»
- Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary! To celebrate, I thought I'd do something a little different...let you in on some of (continue reading)»
- So our new front door has been installed and is working well, but it still needs to be painted. We were going to have it custom (continue reading)»
- What I've been up to lately: I have been splint-free for over 2 weeks now! My doctor says my wrist healed well, and there (continue reading)»
- I just finished a couple of really good books. Like couldn't-put-it-down, read-for-hours-straight-to-finish-it good. Which got (continue reading)»