Woohoo, we had an actual date night!!
I even dressed up and carried my new $7 clutch from Goodwill. (When I switch purses, you know I mean business! )
To save a bit of money and time, we ate dinner at home. (Sauteed zucchini with tomato sauce over couscous, if you're curious.) And then we sipped spicy Moscow Mules at the show. These are probably my favorite summertime drink...the spicier the ginger beer, the better!
Brandi was amazing, as usual. She has this folk-y, old-school country twang, even though she's from Seattle. You might recognize her song The Story, as it's been featured on TV and played on the radio. (I even hear this one at the grocery store sometimes.)
One of the highlights from last night was when she rocked out Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. Ahhhh, so good!
Awesome date night! (High-five!)
- I feel like I'm getting all nestled in for winter. I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely LOVE winter. Bring on the snow! (continue reading)»
- My sisters and I, along with a few friends, have a book club that meets about once a month. Although we do discuss the book a (continue reading)»
- Last weekend I was excited to have a bunch of this free time with Kate. Well, you know what fun and exciting thing we decided (continue reading)»
- I FINALLY finished a quilt for Laura! This quilt was a long time coming. I had plans to give it to her for her birthday in (continue reading)»
- Katie only has every 3rd weekend off, otherwise she works either Saturday or Sunday. This was supposed happen last weekend, (continue reading)»