We celebrated the 2nd birthday of our friends' daughter, Emmie, this weekend. We have known Bart and Erin for years and years now and love being part of their family celebrations.
Instead of canvas and regular cotton, I chose to use flannel to make her a little more cuddly. I used felt for the hair, eyes, lips, shoes, ruffles on her dress, and the "e" .
And for a little something extra special, I used fabric leftover from the baby quilt I made for Emmie two years ago to make the bow and tights.
I think it's safe to say the doll will be well loved.
- It's my favorite time of year, so I'd thought I share a few of my favorite things! Here's what I'm loving this (continue reading)»
- Happy Thanksgiving! Although I'm excited to eat and be with my family tomorrow, I may be more excited to do nothing the (continue reading)»
- I feel like I'm getting all nestled in for winter. I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely LOVE winter. Bring on the snow! (continue reading)»
- My sisters and I, along with a few friends, have a book club that meets about once a month. Although we do discuss the book a (continue reading)»
- Last weekend I was excited to have a bunch of this free time with Kate. Well, you know what fun and exciting thing we decided (continue reading)»