We have a group of close friends that take turns hosting various parties throughout the year. Katie and I take on a holiday cocktail party, where we dress up, pretend to be fancy, and proceed to get schnockered. This year's party was in January, and Kate came up with the perfect theme: Drinking in a Winter Wonderland.
We chose 5 signature cocktails and gave them humorous wintery names (another one of Kate's specialties.) We premixed pitchers and punch bowls of a few and then set out the ingredients and recipes for the rest. We also had the mini-fridge stocked with Holiday Cheer and a few bottles of wine set out.
Anna made this awesome chalkboard menu for me. My handwriting is atrocious, and I'm always admiring the writing she does on her kitchen chalkboard. I think it looks so great, and everyone loved it. On the menu:
- Polar Vortex - Pomegranate Gin Fizz
- Subzero Shine - Homemade Apple Pie Moonshine
- Alpine Avalanche - Citrus Champagne Punch
- Night Blizzard - Dark & Stormy
- Abominable Snow Dude - Vanilla Cinnamon White Russian
We also had lots of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and little nibbles.
Before people started leaving we decided we should try to get a group photo. We were all good and silly by that point, so we had a bit of fun with the camera.
And then I did something that turned out super fun. I set my camera out with a 10 second timer and propped a chair up in front of it. It became a little makeshift photo booth and our friends went crazy for it! They were snapping photos all night long. Like ALL night. I found over 400 pictures on my camera the next day(!!) And they were hi.la.ri.ous.
(This is the point where all of our friends are breaking out into cold sweats worrying about what kind of photos I'm going to post of them on my blog. Mwah ha ha!!)
(Don't worry, I'll be nice. )
Thanks for the fun, friends!! Can't wait to do it again next year!
- I've decided to take a little break from blogging. I know I don't blog all that much anyway, and I definitely don't need to (continue reading)»
- Our spring vacation is booked, and I couldn't be more excited!! This year's trip is BIG...we're going to Paris and (continue reading)»
- Have you ever found art at the thrift store for your home? I always look but haven't uncovered much. Most of it seems like (continue reading)»
- We LOVE the new couch we got for the basement. The first one I picked out didn't fit so it had to be returned. And not that it (continue reading)»
- I'm not a huge makeup girl. Or more accurately, I'm not a morning person, which is when makeup-ing typically happens. I have a (continue reading)»