I made a doll for our friend's sassy little 18 month old Amelia this Christmas.
I like how sweet the pattern is, and how easy it is to customize by using different colors for the hair & eyes, as well as the letter patch for each little one's name.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Amelia opening her gift, but it was pretty adorable seeing her give it little hugs and kisses.
Again, this doll is not perfect by any means, but at least the pattern is simple. For me the hardest part is figuring out where to pin all of the pieces and layers before stitching them together and turning them right-side-out. For some reason my brain has a hard time with that step! And adding the little curly-qs of hair is a teeny bit tricky since you have to leave a hole for them and then hand stitch them shut at the end. But it all worked out, even if the arms are lopsided and the hair is a little wonky.
- I've decided to take a little break from blogging. I know I don't blog all that much anyway, and I definitely don't need to (continue reading)»
- Our spring vacation is booked, and I couldn't be more excited!! This year's trip is BIG...we're going to Paris and (continue reading)»
- Have you ever found art at the thrift store for your home? I always look but haven't uncovered much. Most of it seems like (continue reading)»
- We LOVE the new couch we got for the basement. The first one I picked out didn't fit so it had to be returned. And not that it (continue reading)»
- I'm not a huge makeup girl. Or more accurately, I'm not a morning person, which is when makeup-ing typically happens. I have a (continue reading)»