Woohoo, we had an actual date night!!
I even dressed up and carried my new $7 clutch from Goodwill. (When I switch purses, you know I mean business! )
To save a bit of money and time, we ate dinner at home. (Sauteed zucchini with tomato sauce over couscous, if you're curious.) And then we sipped spicy Moscow Mules at the show. These are probably my favorite summertime drink...the spicier the ginger beer, the better!
Brandi was amazing, as usual. She has this folk-y, old-school country twang, even though she's from Seattle. You might recognize her song The Story, as it's been featured on TV and played on the radio. (I even hear this one at the grocery store sometimes.)
One of the highlights from last night was when she rocked out Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. Ahhhh, so good!
Awesome date night! (High-five!)
- How was your Mother's Day? Mine was pretty perfect - with beautiful weather, great company, and delicious food. After a bit of (continue reading)»
- Ever since my friend Kelly posted a link to this homemade lavender toner, I knew I had to give it a try. I began using witch (continue reading)»
- As the date of the Lincoln Marathon got closer and closer, I got more and more sad that I wouldn't be running in it. But just (continue reading)»
- Now that I'm in a removable splint, I have been given permission to run again. I still can't do my beloved BodyPump classes, (continue reading)»
- -I got my cast off Friday (woohoo!) and am now in a removable splint for 2 weeks. This means that I can now run AND shower!! It (continue reading)»