Woohoo, we had an actual date night!!
I even dressed up and carried my new $7 clutch from Goodwill. (When I switch purses, you know I mean business! )
To save a bit of money and time, we ate dinner at home. (Sauteed zucchini with tomato sauce over couscous, if you're curious.) And then we sipped spicy Moscow Mules at the show. These are probably my favorite summertime drink...the spicier the ginger beer, the better!
Brandi was amazing, as usual. She has this folk-y, old-school country twang, even though she's from Seattle. You might recognize her song The Story, as it's been featured on TV and played on the radio. (I even hear this one at the grocery store sometimes.)
One of the highlights from last night was when she rocked out Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. Ahhhh, so good!
Awesome date night! (High-five!)
- We LOVE the new couch we got for the basement. The first one I picked out didn't fit so it had to be returned. And not that it (continue reading)»
- I'm not a huge makeup girl. Or more accurately, I'm not a morning person, which is when makeup-ing typically happens. I have a (continue reading)»
- We have a group of close friends that take turns hosting various parties throughout the year. Katie and I take on a holiday (continue reading)»
- I made a doll for our friend's sassy little 18 month old Amelia this Christmas. I used the same pattern that I used for (continue reading)»
- I've decided to take a different approach to goal setting this year. Usually I set very explicit, measurable goals, and it's (continue reading)»