The other day my friend, Jill, shared a link to this recipe for kale salad with goat cheese on Facebook. I was intrigued, and as soon as I read through the short ingredient list I bookmarked the page. The very next day I was at Trader Joes to pick up the ingredients, and last night it was dinner. And a tasty dinner at that.
I suppose not everyone likes kale, but I'm a big fan. It really does soften up with a little olive oil and lemon juice...without getting slimy like spinach. I suggest using a LOT of kale for this salad. The recipe makes quite a bit of dressing, and the kale shrinks down significantly during the "massaging" process.
I like this salad because it's perfect for fall and winter when much of the typical salad produce is looking sad. The thin strips of raw carrots and zucchini are delicate and different from the usual shredded carrots and red cabbage. I love goat cheese, but I didn't find the flavor to be overwhelming. And be sure to use lots of fresh black pepper, little (if any) salt, and roasted sunflower seeds for crunch. It's very good!
- I just finished a couple of really good books. Like couldn't-put-it-down, read-for-hours-straight-to-finish-it good. Which got (continue reading)»
- After several weeks of bath-taking due to my broken wrist, I noticed a lovely little ring forming around our tub. I decided to (continue reading)»
- How was your Mother's Day? Mine was pretty perfect - with beautiful weather, great company, and delicious food. After a bit of (continue reading)»
- Ever since my friend Kelly posted a link to this homemade lavender toner, I knew I had to give it a try. I began using witch (continue reading)»
- As the date of the Lincoln Marathon got closer and closer, I got more and more sad that I wouldn't be running in it. But just (continue reading)»