As the date of the Lincoln Marathon got closer and closer, I got more and more sad that I wouldn't be running in it. But just as I decided to drop out, I also decided that I'd go down with Kate to cheer. We had so many friends running the half and the full, many of whom were doing it for the first time. I wanted to be there to support them, and I was truly surprised by how much fun I had!
Katie and I made a bunch of signs, picked up tissues and packets of gummy bears to hand out, and pulled out our cowbells. We also picked out where we would be standing along the course and posted it to Facebook so all of our runner friends knew where to watch for us.
We wanted to make a bunch of personalized signs for our friends, as well as a few funny ones for everyone.
Our friends Brian & Jocelyn were running their first half. They are married and Brian is a police officer, hence the stealing references.
Classic marathon advice + funny photo of friends.
My favorite sign, Katie's brilliant idea. Our friend Vince was running his first full.
And yet another stroke of genius from Kate. She really knows how to make friends! (Seriously, if you are looking for someone to make you smile during a race, call this girl. Remember the great sign she made for me for Des Moines?!)
Everything went really well. We saw all of our friends along the course, they all kicked butt, and the weather held out with a perfectly cool and dry day for racing. Plus, I got so motivated to get out there and train hard this summer. Congrats, runners!
- I just finished a couple of really good books. Like couldn't-put-it-down, read-for-hours-straight-to-finish-it good. Which got (continue reading)»
- After several weeks of bath-taking due to my broken wrist, I noticed a lovely little ring forming around our tub. I decided to (continue reading)»
- How was your Mother's Day? Mine was pretty perfect - with beautiful weather, great company, and delicious food. After a bit of (continue reading)»
- Ever since my friend Kelly posted a link to this homemade lavender toner, I knew I had to give it a try. I began using witch (continue reading)»
- As the date of the Lincoln Marathon got closer and closer, I got more and more sad that I wouldn't be running in it. But just (continue reading)»