It's my favorite time of year, so I'd thought I share a few of my favorite things! Here's what I'm loving this winter.
Snow! - It's finally snowing!! Our first real snow of the season. I love it - so pretty, especially with all of the Christmas lights up.
Knit Beret - I actually got this for part of my Halloween costume, but I've been wearing it constantly lately. I think it looks really cute. It's great to wear when you're dressed up because it looks nice and doesn't mess up your hair as much as a stocking cap would. Looks like this color is sold out at JCPenney, but here's a cute one from Urban Outfitters and this red one with big pompom from Anthropologie is adorable.
Record Player - Katie got this record player / CD player / radio last year on sale for about $100 and we love it. I pick up Christmas albums for 59 cents at Goodwill and listen to them constantly this time of year.
Vanilla Cinnamon Baileys - This caught my eye at the grocery store the other day, and while I don't usually drink Baileys, this has been a delicious dessert. I like it mixed with iced coffee and a sprinkle of salt (trust me on that one!)
New Lipstick - I got a lip sampler from Sephora because I wanted to try to wear more lip color...and I love it! Especially the Bite Beauty lip pencil in Rhubarb topped with the shimmery Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly.
The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes - I forgot what it felt like to be gripped by a great book. I mean, I've read some pretty good books lately, but this one really grabbed me. Historical fiction is something I usually pass on, but my favorite part of this book takes place in occupied France during World War I. From Amazon:
"France, 1916: Artist Edouard Lefevre leaves his young wife, Sophie, to fight at the front. When their small town falls to the Germans in the midst of World War I, Edouard’s portrait of Sophie draws the eye of the new Kommandant. As the officer’s dangerous obsession deepens, Sophie will risk everything—her family, her reputation, and her life—to see her husband again.
Almost a century later, Sophie’s portrait is given to Liv Halston by her young husband shortly before his sudden death. A chance encounter reveals the painting’s true worth, and a battle begins for who its legitimate owner is—putting Liv’s belief in what is right to the ultimate test.
Like Sarah Blake’s The Postmistress and Tatiana de Rosnay’s Sarah’s Key, The Girl You Left Behind is a breathtaking story of love, loss, and sacrifice told with Moyes’s signature ability to capture our hearts with every turn of the page."
Cozy Slippers - I got these fuzzy guys are Target and they rarely leave my feet once I get home. And it looks as it they're now on sale for only $12!
Our Christmas Tree - Obviously. It doesn't get cozier than this!
I hope you're enjoying the wintertime as much as I am. Stay warm!
- It's my favorite time of year, so I'd thought I share a few of my favorite things! Here's what I'm loving this (continue reading)»
- Happy Thanksgiving! Although I'm excited to eat and be with my family tomorrow, I may be more excited to do nothing the (continue reading)»
- I feel like I'm getting all nestled in for winter. I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely LOVE winter. Bring on the snow! (continue reading)»
- My sisters and I, along with a few friends, have a book club that meets about once a month. Although we do discuss the book a (continue reading)»
- Last weekend I was excited to have a bunch of this free time with Kate. Well, you know what fun and exciting thing we decided (continue reading)»