Our spring vacation is booked, and I couldn't be more excited!! This year's trip is BIG...we're going to Paris and Switzerland!
Traveling is one of our absolute favorite things, and we try to make it a priority every year. We love to discover new places, new foods, try new things, and explore. And I think we travel really well together. I'm much more of a planner, and Kate can fly by the seat of her pants. It's a pretty perfect combo.
In fact, Kate let me surprise her with this trip. Oh my, it was so fun. We picked the dates ahead of time, and I asked for some of the places on her "short list" that she'd like to visit as well as those that don't really interest her. Everything else was a secret until after the flights were booked and the rooms were reserved. It was awesome!
So here's the plan. We'll be travelling for a little over a week in May. We have an overnight flight to Paris, where we'll spend 3 days and 3 nights in an apartment in the Marais district (rented via Airbnb.) We'll then take an all-day train trip to our next destination: Mürren, Switzerland. The train ride will be 4 hours through the French countryside and another 4 hours getting up into the Swiss Alps. Mürren is a car-less town up in the mountains of the Bernese Oberland region, so we'll have to take various trains and cable cars to get to our (gorgeous) hotel. We'll have 3 nights and 2 and half days in Mürren before heading down the mountain and over to Zürich. We'll just have one afternoon/evening in Zürich before flying back home the next morning.
This will be the first time either of us have visited France or Switzerland. I wanted to see at least a couple of places, and I love how this trip has both city time and nature time. A train trip is something Katie has wanted to do forever so I really hope this one doesn't disappoint.
We're hoping to explore Paris for a few days with very little scheduled. (I think a picnic on the lawn in front of the Eiffel Tower is my only request.) In Switzerland we're going to go hiking, canyoning, and (hopefully) paragliding! Zürich is an added little bonus. We wouldn't have been able to make it to the airport in time for our flight if coming from our hotel in Mürren, so spending the night in Zürich just made sense logistically. But now that I'm looking into the city a bit more, I'm excited that we'll have a few hours to experience it.
Yay! We're both pretty stoked. I know we won't be able to take big trips like this every year, so I'm really grateful that it's working out for us. Please let me know if you have recommendations for us!
- I've decided to take a little break from blogging. I know I don't blog all that much anyway, and I definitely don't need to (continue reading)»
- Our spring vacation is booked, and I couldn't be more excited!! This year's trip is BIG...we're going to Paris and (continue reading)»
- Have you ever found art at the thrift store for your home? I always look but haven't uncovered much. Most of it seems like (continue reading)»
- We LOVE the new couch we got for the basement. The first one I picked out didn't fit so it had to be returned. And not that it (continue reading)»
- I'm not a huge makeup girl. Or more accurately, I'm not a morning person, which is when makeup-ing typically happens. I have a (continue reading)»