I haven't had a gym membership since February. I was doing PT for my knee over the winter, so not having a treadmill at my disposal wasn't a huge deal. And now that I can run outside, I find it hard to justify the membership fees. But I'm starting to really miss the yoga classes.
I've recently discovered that the cost of memberships to yoga studios makes me nauseous. I can get 2 years at 24 Hour Fitness for the cost of 3 months at one of the local studios. Insane!
But, I have not given up hope. I decided to search out yoga deals around the city and am surprised at everything I've been able to turn up!
- One Tree Yoga (East) has free community classes every Saturday at 2:30PM
- One Tree Yoga (West) has free community classes every Sunday at 2:00PM
- Yoga Rocks the Park (at Turner Park) has free, outdoor community classes every Sunday at 4:00PM through July
- lululemon (Omaha showroom) has free community classes every Saturday at 9:00AM
- Omaha Yoga & Bodywork Center (Benson) has free community classes every Tuesday evening at 5:30PM
- Legacy Pilates, Yoga, and More has various free classes (check schedule for details)
- One Tree Yoga is currently running a special for newbies - $20 for a 2 week unlimited pass
- Groupon and Living Social have both recently had deals at various yoga studious (usually $20-$30 for 6 classes)
I went to the free community class at One Tree Yoga this afternoon, and I feel amazing. It may take a little studio hopping and schedule juggling, but I'm hoping to feed my yoga cravings on the cheap for awhile!
Know of any other good yoga deals??
- What are you up to this weekend? Here's what I'm planning... Build a Succulent Terrarium - I've been wanting to do this for (continue reading)»
- Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary! To celebrate, I thought I'd do something a little different...let you in on some of (continue reading)»
- So our new front door has been installed and is working well, but it still needs to be painted. We were going to have it custom (continue reading)»
- What I've been up to lately: I have been splint-free for over 2 weeks now! My doctor says my wrist healed well, and there (continue reading)»
- I just finished a couple of really good books. Like couldn't-put-it-down, read-for-hours-straight-to-finish-it good. Which got (continue reading)»