Happy Thanksgiving! Although I'm excited to eat and be with my family tomorrow, I may be more excited to do nothing the following 3 days. Katie has the weekend off, as well, and we're planning on doing a whole lot of nothing. No cleaning, no shopping, no quick little house projects. (But also, no promises. ) I just want to curl up on the couch with a pot of cinnamon coffee and alternate between reading from my long list of books and watching Christmas movies. Pretty excited.
Here's what I'm reading:
- A Prayer for Owen Meaning by John Irving
- The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
- Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris
By the way, if you're looking for a good laugh, check out Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris. His holiday-themed short stories had me rolling! I remember reading them while I was stuck in an airport one Christmas break, and I couldn't help but to bust out laughing.
As for Christmas movies, I have a pretty extensive list to tackle each year:
- Miracle on 34th St (both versions)
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- It's a Wonderful Life
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version)
- Home Alone
- The Family Stone
- Love, Actually
- A Christmas Story
Not sure how many of these we'll get through, but I'm willing to have a good go at it!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
- I feel like I'm getting all nestled in for winter. I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely LOVE winter. Bring on the snow! (continue reading)»
- My sisters and I, along with a few friends, have a book club that meets about once a month. Although we do discuss the book a (continue reading)»
- Last weekend I was excited to have a bunch of this free time with Kate. Well, you know what fun and exciting thing we decided (continue reading)»
- I FINALLY finished a quilt for Laura! This quilt was a long time coming. I had plans to give it to her for her birthday in (continue reading)»
- Katie only has every 3rd weekend off, otherwise she works either Saturday or Sunday. This was supposed happen last weekend, (continue reading)»