Although I ran cross country in high school, most of my running has been done in my adult life. I fell in love with racing a few years ago and haven't looked back. It's great to be surrounded by other runners in such an exciting environment.
Training for a race is great motivation to lace up my sneakers and get out there. I find that it helps me make healthier choices and spend more time outdoors. It's hard work, but the sense of pride that I feel when crossing the finish line is worth every single mile of training.
Although I run races of distances varying from 5K to marathon, I prefer the longer set. Marathons give me the most sense of accomplishment and the best running buddies (we spend a lot of time together during training season!) They also take a LOT of dedication. I have run 3 marathons in the past 3 years, and I hope to run at least one per year for a long, long time. That being said, half marathons are my sweet spot - long distance runs where I can actually feel fast.
- 11/14/2009 - SunTrust Richmond Marathon 04:32:46
- 9/26/2010 - Omaha Marathon 04:31:17
- 11/20/2011 - Gobbler Grind Marathon 04:20:50 (PR)
- 5/3/2009 - Lincoln Half Marathon 01:55:27
- 9/27/2009 - Omaha Half Marathon 01:59:19
- 5/23/2010 - Council Bluffs Half Marathon 02:19:13
- 5/1/2011 - Lincoln Half Marathon 01:54:18
- 5/22/2011 - The Gambler Half Marathon (Council Bluffs) 01:58:51
- 5/6/2012 - Lincoln Half Marathon 01:53:36 (PR)
- 4/3/2011 - Novartis 10K 54:01 (PR)
- 5/31/2010 - Boys Town Memorial Day 5-miler 43:17 (PR)
- 3/15/2009 - Blarney Stone 5K 27:34
- 3/17/2010 - Blarney Stone 5K 27:10
- 5/5/2010 - Cinco de Mayo 5K 25:37 (PR)
- 8/28/2010 - Ultra Mud Run 5K 29:18
- 10/3/2010 - Race for the Cure 5K (walk)
- 3/17/2011 - Blarney Stone 5K 26:26
- 3/17/2012 - Blarney Stone 5K 26:33
- 7/12/2009 - Fremont Pathfinder Duathlon 2 mile run+12 mile bike+2 mile run 1:16:55 (PR) - 1st in my division!
- 11/7/2010 - Beer and Bagel Run 3.5ish miles
- 4/3/2011 - Brew to Brew 44 mile relay 6:26:00
- 5/14/2011 - Lucky Bucket Trail Run 7K
- 5/19/2012 - Mud, Sweat, & Beers Trail Run 7K
Here are links to my most recent race recaps: